About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vatican Museum

October 13, 2012

Originally had planned on not going back to Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel but only St. Peter's Basilica but plans change. It was a rainy day and thought the museums would be a great place to spend the afternoon. A subway there and 10 minute walk and shorter line than expected. Thank you rain. Really surprised when I got to the Sistine Chapel and saw several people taking pictures. It is taboo. Not due to damage to the paintings but because a Japanese company that paid millions for the restoration owns the property rights and they normally enforce a no photo policy. If they were trying to stop people from taking pictures I was just in the right spot. Took a few pictures in 2006 which were hurried and fuzzy and almost lost my camera to the photo police.





























 

No comments:

Post a Comment