About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Monday, October 29, 2012

IRELAND, Inis Meain (middle Aran Island)

September 22, 2012

Great day visiting Inis Meain, one of the Aran Islands. There are only about 150 residents there but luckily one is a friend of mine, Anamaria Connelly, who also served as my guide for my visit today. We walked for about 2 hrs around the entire island and the scenery was breathtaking. The absolute solitude of the island is magic. Really amazed by all the rock fences for the livestock. Rocks are a necessity as there are only 3 trees on the island and even the sod was brought in since most of the island is rock.There are also views of the Cliffs of Moher but Inis Meain has its own cliffs and they are also spectacular. Ended the afternoon with a couple of pints of Guiness. Seriously was better than I remembered but Anamaria that is because the best Guiness in Ireland was here. Caught the 4:30 ferry to Galway.


























No comments:

Post a Comment