Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 1, 2012

September 19, 2012

Arrived at NO airport at 12:30 am and settle in for long night. Was able to check in and get boarding pass at 3:30 am and got a notice that the Newark to Shannon, Ireland leg had been overbooked. It asked if I would like to volunteer my seat, if needed, for a $400 travel voucher. If so, to give the info to the gate official in Newark. As soon as I arrived in Newark I gave the gate official my info and said I would volunteer for the $400 travel voucher, new ticket to Shannon, hotel room ($100) and food vouchers ($30). They needed 2 volunteers and I was fortunate enough to be one of those. Got my vouchers and headed to Crowne Plaza. Was also able to extend my checkout until 3:15 pm to reduce my wait at the airport. Would definitely volunteer again and swap 1 night of travel for $400 in travel vouchers and free food and place to stay. Leave at 7 pm on Septemer 20 and arrive at 7 am in the morning. Also got exit row seat with extra leg room for no extra charge. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment